YBB Mentoring Project
What is the YBB Mentoring Project?
We have a project called the YBB Mentoring Project (Young Black Boys), which will raise aspirations, educate and inspire YBB to be the best versions of themselves and to help combat the stereotypes and pressures they face.
Every contribution counts if we change even one young black boy’s life the results for the community and their family is everlasting.
A mentoring and support initiative for young black boys (age range 12-16) in the Inner London region using male black role models and the power of sport as tools for success.
The programme is designed with theory and practical elements in which we will focus on Academics e.g. grades, Social-emotional wellbeing e.g. relationships with others, Mental Health – e.g. alcohol/ drugs and addiction and preventing risky behaviours e.g. sexual / gang life.
The practical elements are designed around sport in which they will have the opportunity to participate in team sports and be led through Personal fitness training sessions, alongside being educated on training and nutrition. Furthermore, YBB mentees will also be led through qualifications including Level 1 in Sports Leadership Award.
The theory sessions will be focused on:
- Increase self-belief/self-confidence
- Dealing with pressures and stereotypes
- Managing their behaviours and emotions
- How to avoid crime and violence
- Connecting YBB to positive black male role models who have shared life experience
- Setting goals and raising aspirations
- Facilitating access to opportunities and experiences within the business and sporting world.
YBB Mentoring Project:
If you’re interested in finding out more about the mentoring programmes please fill in the details below and a member of our team will get back to you.